(41 Kenesary St.)
Date of construction: 1910-1912
The mansion of the merchant Vasily Kubrin was built in 1910 by a Moscow architect. Vasily Kubrin is the son of Matvey Kubrin, an Akmola-based merchant who lived in the late 19th - early 20th centuries. He was the founder of the “Matvey Kubrin, Sons and Co” Trading Partnership.
The mansion is a 1.5-storey house with an underground passage connecting it with a store. There are also stables with carriages and a stone cellar barn. The underground passage was later walled up. An English-style garden was planted in the courtyard of the estate.
The mansion is also associated with historical events. It once housed a Workers’ and Peasants’ Club, a library, and then a district executive committee. In the 1950s-1960s, the mansion accommodated Young Pioneer Palace and the city’s Education Department. In the mid-1960s, the estate was turned into the Museum of Local History.
In 2000-2019, the property housed the Embassy of Ukraine. Currently, it is owned by the City Archive.