- Walking through the old town
The best way to get to know the city is to walk through its streets and see the sights. It is even better when the guide tells you the history of places of interest or monuments and events related to them. We offer several types of walking tours of your choice- put on headphones and get to know the city with the help of maps that will tell you the way and an audio guide that is always with you.
It is located in the center of the historical part of the city, on Zheltoksan Street.
The building is built of red burnt brick on ribbon foundations in the technique of patterned masonry using hewn bricks and belongs to the eclectic style characteristic of the late 19th century.
The three-storey brick building of the theater is an example of classical style architecture of the late 19th - early 20th centuries.
In the 60s of the last century, the third floor was added to the building, a stage box with a grate farm was built on the roof of the left wing, an extension was made to the courtyard facade.
The idea of erecting a monument to the founders of the Kazakh Khanate Kerey and Zhanibek belongs to the First President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The monumental cultural and artistic composition is located in the very center of Nur-Sultan – in the square in front of the Museum of the First President.
The Museum of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan is located on Abai Avenue.
It is the keeper of the modern history of Kazakhstan. The museum's exposition consists of more than 40,000 unique exhibits that reflect the chronology of the process of gaining sovereignty by Kazakhstan and emphasize the special historical role of the First President in the construction and successful development of independent Kazakhstan.
The monument to the great Kazakh thinker and educator Abai Kunanbayev is located at the intersection of Abai and Beibitshilik Avenues, in front of the city square, which is a favorite vacation spot for citizens and guests of the capital.
The grand opening of the monument took place on July 5, 2010.
Located on Omarova Street, 57. The monument was made by order of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan at the Karaganda Art Combine.
The Monument to Justice is the author's work of sculptors Murat Amangeldievich Mansurov, Askar Nartov, Nurlan Amanuly Dalbai and architect Kazbek Zharylgapov.
The one-storey wooden house is located near the old city center – at the intersection of Seifullin and Auezov streets.
It is made of logs with a high hip roof with an attic. The facade planes of the building have wooden pilasters, between which there are window openings, paired and paired. The carved platbands framing the windows give the building a decorative look. The cornices are also decorated with carvings, the upper part of which resembles stalactites in its appearance.
The monument is located at the Saken Seifullin Museum – at the corner of Saken Seifullin and Mukhtar Auezov streets.
Saken Seifullin was born on October 15, 1894 in Akmola county, the founder of modern Kazakh literature, a statesman. Founder of the Writers' Union of Kazakhstan. Posthumously rehabilitated, after the death of Stalin.
It is located in the old part of the city, at the intersection of Saken Seifullin and Mukhtar Auezov streets.
The house is a monument of wooden architecture and reflects the eclectic style characteristic of architecture of the late 19th - early 20th centuries. This is a wooden log house, sheathed with a board and arranged on a basement, with a corridor planning structure.
It is located in the old historical part of the city, in one of the main tourist centers of the capital – at the intersection of Republic Avenue and Abai Street. The Zhastar Palace, the Abai and Intercontinental hotels, the post office are located nearby, and the city akimat is also located nearby. The monument is well viewed from the main points of the surrounding space.
The monument is dedicated to the innocent victims of the Holodomor in Kazakhstan in 1932-1933. This is the greatest tragedy of the Kazakh people, which claimed the lives of 2 million 400 thousand people.
The monument is located in the center of the historical part of the city – at the intersection of Abai Avenue and Mambetova Street.
Baymukhamet Koschegulov is a merchant of the 1st guild, owned a confectionery-gingerbread factory in Akmolinsk. He was quite a well-known personality in the city, intelligent and was glad for enlightenment. Thanks to him, Akmola flour also became famous. His company Koschegulov and Sons supplied flour to the Russian, Chinese and Central Asian markets. Koshchegulov had three shops and a confectionery and gingerbread factory. In 1915, his factory was awarded the title of "Supplier of the Court of His Imperial Majesty". It was popularly called Maikop. The memory of this remarkable man still lives in the people's memory.
The building is located in the historical part of the city – on the street of Azerbaijani Mambetov.
Earlier - until 2016 - the street was named after an outstanding Kazakh public figure, journalist, ethnographer, one of the leaders of the Alash party, Alikhan Bukeikhan.
The two-storey brick building with an operational basement was built in 1914 under the residential house of merchant Pyotr Grigoryevich Moiseev.
It is a monument of urban planning and architecture, is included in the State List of historical and Cultural monuments of local significance of the city of Nur-Sultan.
The residential house of merchant Vasily Matveevich Kurin was built in 1910 by a Moscow architect.
Vasily Kubrin is the son of Matvey Konstantinovich Kubrin, a major Akmola merchant of the late 19th - early 20th century, the founder of the trading house "Matvey Kubrin with sons and Co."
The building of merchant Matvey Kubrin's trading house is located in the center of the historical part of the city - at the intersection of Kenesary and Mambetova streets.
Matvey Konstantinovich Kubrin is an Akmola merchant of the 1st guild, the creator of the trading house "Matvey Kubrin with sons and Co." In addition to Akmolinsk, its stores were also opened in Atbasar and Kokchetav. The Siberian Commercial and Industrial Yearbook records that "in 1913, Matvey Kubrin's company traded in pharmacy, manufactory, haberdashery, jewelry, stationery, stationery, as well as clothing, shoes, hats, watches, tea and sugar." After 1915, the merchant opened his representative office in Moscow, leaving the trading house in Akmolinsk to his son Vasily.
The monument is located on the embankment of the Yesil River. The official opening took place on May 11, 2001. The sketch and the installation site were personally approved by the First President of Kazakhstan, Nursultan Nazarbayev.
The sculpture is made in bronze on a high pedestal lined with polished granite. The authors are sculptor Nurlan Dalbai and architect Shota Ualikhanov.